With the help of God, the purpose of Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church of Clark shall be:
- To give honor and glory to God
- To carry out His will
- To preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all the world
- To manifest the unity of our faith in Jesus Christ as God and Savior
- To foster Christian fellowship and love
- To extend a helping hand in human need
And to achieve these objectives by:
- The preaching of the Word of God
- The administration of the sacraments
- The religious instruction of all our members according to the confessional standard of The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
We pray that all we do in word or deed as individuals
and as a congregation may reflect the above.
May God grant this for the sake of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
What we believe
We believe, teach, and respond to the love of the Triune God: the Father, creator of all that exists; Jesus Christ, the Son, who became human to suffer and die for the sins of all human beings and to rise to life again in the ultimate victory over death and Satan; and the Holy Spirit, who creates faith through God's Word and Sacraments. The three persons of the Trinity are coequal and coeternal, one God.
We believe that in, with, and under, the bread and wine we receive the true body and blood of the Lord, Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins. We find strength and forgiveness in the Lord's Supper and promise to amend our lives for service to the Lord. Visitors and guests who share this belief are welcome to participate in the Lord's Supper.
If you would like to know more about what we believe or what we believe about specific issues, we invite you to talk to Pastor Nathan Grewe or check out the "Belief and Practice" section of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod's website
Sign up to receive our Newsletter